The Police Department is seeking a Police Dispatcher who will be responsible for department record keeping, dispatching and assisting staff and the general public at a high profile front desk position. This position requires the employee to be able to work varying hours (day and night) and shifts with periodic rotations and changing work schedules. The ideal candidate will be able to maintain composure and accuracy under pressure, as well as maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Temporary to Permanent
Schedule: M-F, FT, Multiple shifts and holidays may be required
Please email resumes to Lou Carlton– email@example.com
- Data entry
- Filing in alpha and numeric systems
- Prepare reports to other departments and agencies
- Monitor campus alarm and security systems
- Lost and found, key, and parking programs
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED is required
- 911 Public Safety Telecommunicator Certification is preferred
- Applicants without this certification must successfully complete this course and pass the State exam if hired. Applicants also must become FCIC/NCIC certified.
- Must have good people, telephone and computer skills
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to multitask, analyze and convey information