Front Desk Receptionist
The Front Desk Receptionist serves as the first point of contact for all or our customers. They are responsible for efficiently managing patient and customer flow, coordinating with staff and responding to customer needs and inquiries with a high level of customer service. The ideal candidate will optimize customer satisfaction by anticipating needs and exceeding expectations. Optical or medical background strongly preferred.
Schedule: FT, possible overtime, great benefits
Please email resumes to Lou Carlton – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welcomes all patients and visitors, in person or via the telephone, and responds to inquiries
- Schedules appointments and maintains appointment book
- Utilizes the electronic communication system to communicate with customers for confirmations, cancellations and updates
- Checks in patients and explains forms
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility
- Maintains the Reception area ensuring area is clean, neat and organized and ensures customer data is carefully protected.
- Accurately calculates patient charges and schedules follow-up appointments
- Manages emergency calls, consults with others as needed to determine appropriate course of action;
- Protects patients’ privacy and rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal, medical and financial information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and practice policies.
- Contributes to overall team effort by assisting other staff and departments as needed.
- High school diploma required;
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience as a receptionist in a medical setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology, insurance billing, and coding
- Superior customer service and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle conflict and complex administrative tasks
- Strong detail orientation and multitasking
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong computer skills; ability to quickly and accurately enter data
- Ability to learn quickly; ability to learn EMR and other technical equipment quickly and accurately.