Building Maintenance Worker
The Building Maintenance Worker will be required to complete varying carpentry related tasks, including completion of door lock and hardware installation throughout the premises. The person filling this position should be extremely proficient in door and hardware systems. The position also maintains the integrity and safety of facility infrastructure as related to carpentry to include but not limited to flooring, roofing, masonry, drywall, painting, cabinetry and tilework. The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented and able to face tasks in a fast, flexible, and supportive manner.Immediate Opening!
Schedule: FT, M-F
Please email resumes to Rose Crane – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete all internal and external repairs of the facilities
- Perform minor renovations, maintenance and repairs to rooms, furniture, and equipment
- Install and repair doors, door hardware, and locksets
- Respond to emergency repair calls
- Work with supervisor to schedule and prioritize work orders
- Work with other trades to coordinate and schedule needed repairs and work
- Clean and maintain tools and shop equipment
- Provide routine inspections of facilities to monitor needed repairs
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections for roofs
- Adhere to all safety policies, procedures, and practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of full-time satisfactory experience in construction or building maintenance.
- Knowledge of carpentry processes and methods used in the installation, renovation, maintenance
- and/or repair of structures, Knowledge of basic hand tools, power tools, carpentry shop equipment and materials used for repairs and building in a construction/carpentry environment.
- Highly motivated and collaborative team player
- Proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to plan, schedule and organize tasks
- Knowledge of ADA and Florida Building Code.
- Ability to identify hazardous materials during completion of a project
- Carpentry certification from a recognized vocational or trade school.
Computer knowledge and experience.
- Ability to interpret and implement technical specifications such as blueprints, drawings, and instructions to adhere to project plans and timelines