The ideal candidate for this entry-level budgeting and financial analysis work will assist senior level staff with reviewing and processing budget requests, amendments and transfers, analyzing fund use, fiscal planning, and revenue analysis and providing guidance on budgetary procedures to assigned department, divisions, and programs.
Temporary to Permanent
Schedule: FT, M-F
Start date: ASAP
Please email resumes to Lou Carlton– firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assist staff with the collection, assembling, and verification of budget information
- Analyze departmental budget requests and prepare related recommendations
- Assists with the preparation of the annual operating budget
- Reviews and processes budget amendments
- Implements and maintains the system of budgetary control as assigned by direct supervisor
- Records information relating to budgetary issues, financial data, and fund usage
- Compiles data and summary information
- Reviews and answers requests for information regarding departmental, divisional, and program budgets.
- Monitors legislative and regulatory changes that may affect assigned operations and recommends necessary budgetary changes.
- Updates data regularly using budgeting tools and software; extracts data and prepares reports for use by management.
- Prepares routine correspondence via e-mail, memorandum, and letter
- Educates and trains departmental staff on budget related processes and procedures.
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and one year experience in budgeting, finance, accounting, or any equivalent combination of related training and experience
- A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute for one year of experience
- Knowledge budget preparation and financial cost/expense tracking
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations related to fiscal policy, budgeting and expenditures
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used to develop revenue projections and expenditure forecasts
- Skill in the use of budgetary computer applications and software
- Ability to research, compile and summarize varied information and prepare clear and accurate reports, correspondence, and other written materials
- Ability meet deadlines and follow long term projects through to completion
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing