Assembler II – Electrical
Assembles large and heavy parts to complete subassemblies and drilling rigs using hand tools, power tools, and other specialized equipment. Performs a variety of specialized assembly operations including electrical, welding or mechanical.
Schedule: FT, M-F, 6:30 am – 3:00 pm, overtime as required
Contact: Email resumes or letter of interest to Rose Crane – firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB DESCRIPTION: Assembles large and heavy parts to complete subassemblies and drilling rigs using hand tools, power tools, and other specialized equipment. Performs a variety of specialized assembly operations including electrical, welding or mechanical.
- Checks specification sheet to determine required assembly and special options
- Checks stock bins for adequate supplies of sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners. Contacts Warehouse Team Leader if shortages exist or incorrect parts are in bins.
- Checks power and hand tools for correct operation.
- Assembles components using power and hand tools.
- Interprets prints and electrical schematics for the assembly, wiring, and troubleshooting of machine specific electrical systems.
- Ensures connections for correct fit, fastening parts, and sub-assemblies per customer specifications.
- Resolves assembly problems and/or reports to Team Leader for assistance.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned by Team Leader of supervisor.
- Attitude in line with company values.
- High school or GED preferred
- Minimum of one year product-related experience or heavy mobile equipment experience
- Strong mechanical and electrical background.
- Ability to read blue prints and/or electrical schematics
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, walking, climbing, balancing, gripping, grasping, carrying and pushing / pulling required > 90% of the time
- Kneeling, crouching, squatting and twisting required intermittently on a daily-basis.