This position is responsible for performing financial reporting related to generally-accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required by management. This position is also accountable for the successful execution of external financial audits, and ensures financial database accuracy and output. They should be able to use computing skills to analyze and resolve nonstandard accounting transactions, and build an accurate and integrated database that can accurately reflect financial measurements. The ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a high ethical standard.
Temporary to Permanent
Schedule: Full Time, M-F
Please email resumes to Lou Carlton– firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develop and update general ledger databases for multiple communities
- Computerize standardized basic financial reports
- Deliver computerized sub ledgers by maintaining updated and accurate general ledger databases.
- Account coding, proper authorization, and adherence to company policies
- Detailed involvement with budget database, and financial data output
- Supports entry level accounting processes, including fixed asset roll-forward schedules, labor rate adjustments, and accounts payable and receivable
- Supports the annual Budget process, including preparation of tax documents
- Supports the analysis of monthly budget variances and reports the results to senior management.
- Prepares the necessary reports and schedules, and works closely with audit staff
- Devises and recommends appropriate models, systems and/or procedures to provide complete, accurate, and timely reports
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance (required)
- 1 – 3 years of relevant accounting, auditing or financial reporting experience (required)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) (preferred)
- Regulatory and not-for-profit experience (preferred)
- Ability to use personal computers in client/server environment
- Ability to use traditional office equipment (such as copiers, scanners, 10-key calculators, etc.)